November 8, 2013

CLINIQUE even better foundation review



 I can never get enough of foundations. Having 4 face make up product is more than you need but... I'm always on the search for the perfect one for me. So far I have tried about 10 face products (foundation, BB cream, CC cream, mineral powder) but none of them were amazing or worth the hype for me, EXCEPT for Bourjois healthy mix foundation. Saying good bye to the trusty old healthy mix foundation, I got Clinique even better foundation! I read so many good reviews that this is the perfect foundation for combination to dry skin with medium to high coverage. 

Clinique Even Better Foundation - 01 Alabaster 

Sephora describes this foundation as "A dermatologist developed liquid foundation that immediately brightens and evens out the skin tone with naturally luminous minerals". It claims that it reduces dark spots in 4-6 weeks, but I'm not sure about that.
I got the shade 01 alabaster, which is a shade for very fair skin with neutral under tone. I'm NC20 according to MAC shade. Alabaster was the lightest shade they had in my Clinique store. I was quite surprised that it was the lightest because usually I'm second to lightest shade. They have other shades for very fair skin with different undertones on the Sephora website. I prefer yellow toned foundation but unfortunately neutral was all they had at the store.



foundations left to right: Bourjois healthy mix serum shade 51,  Bourjois 123 perfect shade 51, Revlon whipped creme foundation shade 180 natural ochre, Clinique even better 01.



Actual review:

Coverage is definitely medium but it can give more coverage if you layer it. I dont recommend trying to cover up with only this foundation since it does cake up with more than 2 layers on the skin. It does not cover all my acne scaring, but overall it does give a nice evened out look to your skin. It looks polished and flawless without looking as if you piled tons of make up. It doesn't cover all your pigmentations but it is excellent on covering redness.

Lasting power is pretty good but not the best. After 8 hours of applying I can notice that the foundation has faded a little bit. T-zone area was oily and I have to blot in the middle of the day. I dont recommend this to oily skin at all. 

Finish is dewy and natural. It does give a healthy glow and brightens the skin. It looks very natural on the skin and maintains the brightness for a long time. 

Color selection is wide from very fair to deep with 3 types of under tones, yellow, pink and neutral. There will be a shade for everyone to be happy with! 

Packaging is excellent. It might look cheap but its light and handy First I had to get used to controlling how much to squeeze but after about 3 usage I got the hang of it. It's travel friendly and its not bulky at all. Its sanitary not like Revlon whipped creme foundation where you need to dip your finger/brush in every time. 

Blendability is great. Its not thick or too liquidy. Its easily blendable with your fingers or any type of brushes. 

Application: I use my fingers or Sigma F80 brush or an air-puff sponge. These days I use all three methods. I spread it out with my fingers then blend it with F80, and dab the sponge all over my face quickly to remove brush marks. The sponge helps it to look extra flawless and evens the layer of the foundation. It sounds too much for foundation application but trust me, it gives the best look to your skin! 



Sigma F80 and Aritaum Air-Puff sponge.

Overall its an average foundation. Its not terrible or amazing. Only problem I have is that my t-zone gets oily after about 4-5 hours of use and it fades little bit. Its a good foundation but I personally dont think its worth all the hype about this. I find it like a traditional foundation. 


Have you tried this foundation? Do you think its worth the purchase? 





2 comments:

  1. Great first post! I was considering trying this foundation too but maybe I'll just stick to my go-to staples haha

    ReplyDelete