November 9, 2013

Mini Bourjois collection

Out of all the drugstore brands, Bourjois have to be my favorite! I adore their foundations. I have only tried their face products: foundation, blush and bronzer. Bourjois products feel very luxurious. Bourjois owns Chanel, so the formulas are quite similar too. Bourjois's baked eyeshadows and blushes are know to be great dupes for Chanel products. Only downside on Bourjois is they ony have 5-6 shades of foundations. The shades are great, they are not too pink or yellow. However, foundations for people with deep skin tones will be hard to find. 


Bourjois chocolate bronzer 52, healthy mix serum foundation 51, 123 perfect foundation 51, round pot blushes in 37 and 34.


Current Bourjois collection! I had the healthy mix foundation too but I finished it over the summer. 

Healthy mix serum foundation is light, gel formula foundation. It smells amazing (same scent as the original healthy mix). It is very hydrating and amazing for dry skin. Dont use it on oily skin or it will melt away in an hour! Only downside I have is the lasting power and the coverage. Maybe people with very dry skin won't have a problem, but for my combination skin it doesn't last long. My t-zone area turns oily even though I powder it or blot during the day. The coverage is light, similar to a BB cream.

123 perfect foundation claims that it has 3 pigment for color correcting, yellow pigments for anti dark circles, mauve pigments for anti dull complexion, and green pigments for anti dullness. It does live up to the claim! I love this foundation because it covers redness like a boss. It also covers red acne very well. It works well for oily to combination skin but not for dry skin. It gives a semi matte finish. During the summer, I use 123 perfect foundation, but during the fall time or when my skin is dry in the summer, I mix moisturizer or a foundation mixing cream (such as MAC stroke cream) to change the texture.




Swatches top to bottom: Chocolate bronzer in 52, round pot blush in 37, round pot blush in 34.


The chocolate bronzer is my current favorite bronzer. Its not muddy or orangey on your skin and it has a good lasting power. I use a fluffy powder blush to give more dimension and a sun kissed look to my skin. 

Blush rose pompon 37 is a very natural pink blush. It looks amazing in the pot and on the skin. However, the pigmentation is not that good. When I first used it I had to carve the blush to be used on my brush. It is hard to pick up the color. I had to keep on layering to get the desired color. 

Blush rose d'or 34 is a famous dupe for Nars orgasm blush (yes thats a name for a blush). It looks beautiful in the  pot and swatches nicely. It has gold shimmer that looks amazing on the skin. This is not a good blush if you have large pores because the gold shimmer exaggerates the look of your pores.

Overall, Bourjois is a amazing drugstore brand with great quality. I dont think anyone can go wrong with Bourjois. If you havent tried any Bourjois products, please go try it out!

2 comments:

  1. Great post as always Jenn! I love the bourjois healthy mix foundation too and you're making me want to try their other products haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try their new Happy Light foundation! Bourjois never disappoints me. Their products are awesome :)

      Delete