November 8, 2013

Skincare Empties



Skincare empties! All of the skincare products were bought at Korea. My skin is very sensitive and acne prone. It used to be very dry, then combination, and now its super combination (?). My t-zone gets very oily while my cheeks are extremely dry. During the winter, nothing will work on my dry cheeks. The most moisturizing product for my cheeks was the Kiehls ultra facial cream, but after about 10 hours my skin will be super dry again. Now Im getting so many acne due to stress and most of the products mentioned here claims to reduce acne.




Top left to right: Care Zone doctor solution A-cure clarifying  emulsion, serum, spot corrector, cream.
Bottom left to right: The Body Shop tea tree oil, Himalaya acne n pimple cream.

Skincare for acne prone skin!

Care Zone is a Korean skin care brand made for sensitive skin. They have several other lines for different skin types (dry, oily, large pores, hydration, men... they have more but thats what I can remember). Good thing about Care Zone is that they are made without mineral oils, alcohol, fragrances, dye and paraben. It doesn't irritate at all for my very sensitive skin. 
I finished this whole collection of Care Zone's acne line, but it did not help to reduce my acne significantly. I can never use this line in the winter because it is drying even with the serum for me. 
Overall, its not a terrible product, it does soothes and moisturize your skin, but I havent seen dramatic change to my acne prone skin. I wont repurchase this now, but maybe later, I'm not sure. 

The Body Shop tea tree oil is a famous product for spot treating your acne. I remember loving this when I first got it 2 years ago, but now it doesn't work as good as before.  It contains 15% tea tree oil. Whats the rest? I don't know. It does help soothe angry acne but nothing more for me. 

Himalaya acne n pimple cream has a weird texture. It looks pearl-y (?) and it is very hard to blend. I had to keep on tapping on my skin to make it absorb. I dont know if I'll repurchase this, it really didn't do much. It claims that it will get rid of acne without scarring, but guess what, all my acne left a scar. :(




Left to right: Beyond hug sun powder cream sunscreen SPF 50+/PA+++, Thayers alcohol free lavender toner, Belif the true cream-aqua bomb.

Beyond hug sun power cream was nice for summer season. It has a matte finish and evens out your skin tone a little bit. It does control oil and give a nice smooth texture on your skin. Only down side is it is really thick and I can never use this when the weather gets cold. 

Thayers lavender toner was a good product in general, but nothing too exciting about. It didn't irritate my skin or broken me out. I like this because it is huge (355 mL!) because I tend to use a lot of toner on my cotton round to prevent pulling my skin. 

Belif aqua bomb cream is very famous in Korea. It more highly rated than Kiehl ultra facial cream and Clinique moisture surge. Compared from Kiehls cream, it absorbs quickly and have a pleasant scent. I hate the scent of kiehls cream. I remember I had to stop breathing through my nose when I applied it. Belif aqua bomb is very nice, its very moisturizing without being oily and makes your skin feel extra smooth. They also have a "intense" one for very dry skin. Im planning to get the intense one for winter this year!

2 comments: